Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A flick or a poke, you decide - A Quick Tip For Using The 1.1.3 Springboard

I love to be able to scroll the screen on my iPhone. Six months after getting it, it still provides me with endless entertainment. (Yes, I have always been easily amused.) Even now there is still something almost magical about being able to scroll through a list of names or songs with the flick of the finger. And the fact that the faster you flick, the faster it scrolls, that’s just gravy! It’s one of those simple, stupid joys in life.

And now, with the ability to add web favorites to the home screen and to have multiple home screens as you add more icons, there is the added “flickability” of going from one page to the next. (I currently have three pages of springboard icons in use.) And knowing that it is as practical as it is amusing since it allows me to have my most relevant sites just a “flick” and a “poke” away is a nice bonus.

Well, here’s a quick tip Patrick turned me on to …

If you have more than one screen of icons you can touch/poke to the left or the right of them to move to the next or the prior screen. It has the same functionality as flicking the entire screen left or right to move forward or back.

So, whether you flick or you poke, its up to you.

No comments: